Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I turned it on and it started to get color lines, then

Customer Question

I turned it on and it started to get color lines, then picture started to get smaller till it was no picture, we bought it about 4 months ago, but because of hard times we could not afford to buy the warranty, and to top it off we have no receipt. please tell me there is hope. thanks Veronica
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Vizio 50 inch, smart, D Series- D1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes same problem, and no menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Happened on Easter Sunday, have not tried it again for fear that if it can be repaired, don't want to make it worst. all i did was turn it on with remote...
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I have 3 Vizio tv's never had a problem that's the only brand I will buy.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Offhand Veronica- these symptoms directly indicate a hardware issue with the Vizio in most cases. It would still be under warranty though. Is there any chance you can find the proof of purchase, or was there any chance it was purchased using a credit card?

Also, just to make sure this is what I think it is- when you first turn the set on- does the Vizio welcome "V" display on the screen please?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?