Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Earlier in the day both my TVs were not working. I talked

Customer Question

earlier in the day both my TVs were not working. I talked with someone and found out that that the circuit breaker went off where the cable was plugged in and consequently created the issue. he had me re-plug the cable into another circuit in the room, and that worked, but only for one TV. The TV in the living room won't go back on. I think it's got to be the cable box. Everything is plugged in to a working circuit.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: It is 50" LG flat screen. Just happened this morning when I tried to turn it on.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing is working. I have 2 TVs exactly the same. One is not working.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As I mentioned, it happened this morning when I tried to turn it on. What happened before is I turned it off at Midnight last night. Absolutely no issues before with either TV
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no activity. no red light at bottom left side as it usually has
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
50PA4500 UF
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Thank you , let me check this

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

From what you described here you very likely have a defective power supply circuit part # EAY62609701 that sells for some $80 and if you are into this then you can use that part number for your search or I can find it for you

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if you have any questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
TIA for a positive rating , much appreciated taking into consideration that this works on the honor system.

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that's a part for the TV? Then who's going to put the part in? And there's no way I'm going to spend $300 to repair a TV I bought for $500 and can now by cheaper. I have a tech coming out tomorrow. He can look at it. I thought maybe someone could help resolve the issue without him coming out. Thanks any way.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

You got a broken tv and i gave you the part ,

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Cant repair your tv from where i`m sitting

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that was really a rhetorical question, but with your answers I've decided to change my comments about my satisfaction with your help. Up until then, I was okay with your efforts. Too bad.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

All I saw was "thanks anyway" , no rhetorical questions and this usually ,means toodloo

What do you think your tech. at home is going to charge anyway ??

Average $100 to $125 for the call then you need parts , this is a plasma tv and parts are not cheap so it will cost 250 to $300 to fix this tv and you don`t want to spend that

Just cancel that call tomorrow and you got your estimate here for a fraction of the cost

Shopping time then , again you wont get away with a cheap repair at home