Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

No sound just now ---cuts on with sound randomly---then cut

Customer Question

no sound just now ---cuts on with sound randomly---then cut on with no sound randomly----when it does this there is an orange diamond shaped icon in the lower lefthand corner looks like it is screaming--- that is there for about ten seconds
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: model UN60ES7500, SOFTWARE-T-ECPAKUC-1017.8,
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: MENU WORKS-------WE HAVE 4 TV'S ---THIS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 5 DAYS
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: CAN THE PROBLEM BE FIXED
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Were you able to try those steps please?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help.