Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Black screen. Vizio m651dA2, about 2 1/2 years old. Just

Customer Question

Black screen
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Vizio m651dA2, about 2 1/2 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, just blackness. Inputs don't work, however, I do have a backlight that works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Tv worked great, then about a month ago, it went black. We could hear the audio for at least a little while, but doesn't get sound either now. Ordered and swapped tcon board to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Vizio won't service because out of warranty and in Hawaii!
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Since you have backlights (and audio at one time), and replacing the tcon did not work.... The bad part is actually the Main board, that's the board with all the audio/video jacks. Be sure to get an exact matching board. Let me know if you need help with that, will need the numbers off your current board.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option.

I hope you appreciate the answer that I provided so far. All of the technicians here, including me, take your question very seriously because helping you is how we support our livelihoods. Please be aware that every moment spent helping you goes unrecognized until you submit a positive rating for the answer provided.

Please submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are not sure about giving me 5 stars, please tell me how I can possibly change that! If you having issues with the ratings try refreshing the page.

Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Do you still need assistance?