Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an Insignia tv model NS 39D400NA 14 I do not have the

I have an Insignia tv model NS 39D400NA 14 I do not have the remote with it and there is a rectangle on the screen that says "no programs shown"....How do I get rid of it without the remote?? thanks Ken
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Mfg date 2013
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The tv menu shows on the screen but I cannot get it to scroll down to Cable- it wont move off TV
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just plugged it in today- we hit menu and that's what we got
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: oh you mean before you connect me to Louie??

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Who is your cable provider (example: Charter, Comcast, DISH, etc.)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
AT&T Uverse

Is ATT Uverse connected to the TV using a "Box" please? If so, what Input port on the back of the TV is the box plugged into (ex: HDMI 1, Component, etc.)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
a bix
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Coax

With coax from the box to the TV- you need the original TV remote to get this going. The TV needs to be programmed and you can't do this without the remote. That said- this IS the first time you're setting this TV up correct? Also can you let me know if the back of the box has ANY other ports (like HDMI, red,white and yellow, etc.)??

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it has hdmi

Can you plug the box into the TV using HDMI instead of coax please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not have hdmi now

Is this the first time you're setting the TV up with the box please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Okay. As I stated above you cannot connect using coaxial to the TV without the Insignia remote as it needs to be programmed. So you need to connect it a different way. Go to Radio Shack, or Wal Mart and purchase an HDMI cable (this needs to be done if you want to view this TV on the box without the Insignia remote). Plug the HDMI cable into HDMI 1 on the TV and into the HDMI port on the cable box. Then use the INPUT button on the side of the TV to select HDMI. That will give you a picture- but the way you have it connected now- you cannot get a picture without the Insignia remote to run a channel scan. Sorry for the bad news on this one.

Unfortunately I can't change the logistics. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?