TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I need a fitting to connect dual RCA male to mono male for

Customer Question
Peavy KB?A 50 JA: What's the...
I need a fitting to connect dual RCA male to mono male for Peavy KB?A 50
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: I am working with audio . the powered speaker is a PA system. The input plug I need for it is this same as once used in telephone switchbards.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I am not wworking with TV. I am working with inputs to a public address sytem. I need a fitting with the same male plug once used in telephone switchboards.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is not a technical fault. This is a procurement problem which is an issue which arose when I needed a standard telephone switchboard \male plug connected to dual RCA male.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
4/16/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

You were chatting with the site "Auto Assistant"- which is not a real person. I am the tech actually helping you. Offhand, can you please check the model number of the Peavey (the one you posted doesn't show up in any searches)? Also, just to make sure I understand correctly- you're looking for a stereo RCA female to mono RCA female? If so- that can't be done as you would need a "Mono Summation" cable that actually uses resistors to prevent the left and right channels from directly shorting to a single plug. These form an L-Pad to protect the output of the device from a low impedance condition. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. Please postback with the full model numbers of the devices you're looking to connect- or any further details to help me to help you.

Send a reply back if you need help.

Louie, Technician