TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm trying to add apps to a magnavox smart tv and I need to…

Customer Question
I'm trying to add...

I'm trying to add apps to a magnavox smart tv and I need to how to do it

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

It's a 4K smart ultra tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works I just need to know how to add apps to it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just got the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/1/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately what you are wanting to do is not possible.

While your magnavox is a smart tv, it is very limited in scope. It only supports the handful of built in apps (Netflix, YouTube, Pandora and Vudu, Hotlist and Xumo).

There is no app store and it is not possible to install apps on it. Smart tvs are generally limited to what is included at the time of manufacturer. To get more, magnavox would have to put out a software update including those new features. To add an app for them requires marketing agreements and a lot of work to create an app version for each and every model tv. They virtually never add functionality, instead they focus on making new tvs.

Your best option would be to buy an external streaming device such as a roku, roku4k, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and hundreds more apps available.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.