TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My rca tv will not stay on when my Internet providers remote…

Customer Question
My rca tv will...

My rca tv will not stay on when my Internet providers remote turns the internet connect off, this just started 3 days ago, why?

Technician's Assistant: Soon. I'm trying to find the right expert for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.

Thank you

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

An RCA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

55G55R1200 by aaaaaaaaRCA

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

4 0r 5 times since I bought it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

I bought tht TV From SEARS co.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/24/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Can you please provide bit more details as what exactly happens with the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I normally use the Brighthouse remote to turn on the TV and the Cable box, but the past 3 or 4 days when I turn off the cable box and T V the Brighthouse remote the RCA remote also get the same the very same signal too, which it should not, from the other remote, and it also turns off the RCA TV, why???

OK, have you tried to connect another video source to TV such as DVD player as a test to see if TV works fine with it?
Also, find control buttons on TV itself to see if TV goes Off when use those buttons?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please answer me here, I can NOT afford to pay out more money on what just might turn to be a scam, answer me here, I will
get your reply tomorrow morning, I am 78 yrs. and am having trouble concentrating on this tonight.
C R Dingee

No problem Sir, website sent you phone call offer. WE can continue troubleshooting by tomorrow here in text chat.

Thanks.

Louie, Technician