TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We are getting MO Signal Sign and no connection between the…

Customer Question
Good morning We are...

Good morning We are getting MO Signal Sign and no connection between the remote and TV It is not Battay issue it is not Foxtel box issue

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung Model LA4OR71BD TYP BD40S0 It is 9 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No connection between remote and TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing it was wring ok till yesterday evening. trended on at night No Signal Rang Foxtell they did what they had to do but the problem there still they recommended we contact Samsung

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/21/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

If you still have no luck, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV, the model of the cable box, and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.

If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.

Do you need further help with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the problem there still Aric

Okay, I will need a bit more information then:

1) Are you using a "Box" to receive channels?

2) Is the TV set to the correct Source setting (HDMI 1, component, etc.)?

3) Are you using an HDMI cable and have you tried a new cable yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
model no. LA40R71BD (R)
TYP NO. BD40S0
MODEL CODE LA40R71BDX/XSA
There is no connection between the remote and the TV battery new
unplugged and plugged and re plugged everything.
nothing wring with aerial or foxtell box
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No TV menu doesn't work no contact between TV and remote since this problem occurred