TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just got a new TV on Saturday. It is connected thru att…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new TV on Saturday. It is connected thru att cable. Allwas workim

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Sony bravia. I can't get a picture. The light is on AMD I cant even turn that off

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was fine this morning and I just tried to turn it back on about 1 he ago. I cant turn it off its nit responding to any functions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/21/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

I am sorry you are having problems here, can you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?this will help me greatly,

In addition how old is the set please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
KDL-40W650D
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3 days

OK thanks OK the first thing we always do in situations like this is re-boot, that is unplug from wallpower the TV and the satellite\cable box, wait 5 mins then replug back in again, wait a further 5 mins for everything to boot up then try the set again, it may just be the set or the box or both have locked up

Let me know how this check works out please

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Ok let me know thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It says no signal check external signal. What do i select. Tv. Hdm1/arc html 2

You need to pick out whatever INPUT the box is coming in, so that is likely to be HDMI so yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It still says no signsl

I am assuming you have plugged back in the box and the box is in the ON mode?so when you look at the front of the box its actually ON and not in standby?

If it is in standby thats why the TV says there is no signal, so please if so switch the box ON with the box remote

Yes the pic\sound is back?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No nothing

OK has anything changed from before or are you having the same problems?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only thing that changed is i can now turn the TV off but no sound or picture when I turn it on

OK have a look where the lead goes from the box into the TV

OK have a look where the lead goes from the box into the TV it will be labelled there what input the box is

Then pick that input out using the TV remote

(sorry for delays the site has problems)

Anthony

If there is still nothing there do you have another input to try like a DVD player?if the DVD player works then you have a problem with the box let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cant get to the back its in a cabinet with the back nailed on AMD it doesn't come out thru the front. I checked all the choices regarding input and none of them worked.

OK I will opt out here I am having difficulties with the site replying back hopefully another tech will help you soon

Anthony