TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a UN66EH6000 tv MODEL UN56EH6000F IT started to turn…

Customer Question
I have a UN66EH6000...

I have a UN66EH6000 tv MODEL UN56EH6000F IT started to turn off while watching and came back on by itself It got more frequent and then stopped coming on . Now you can't turn it on at all. Does it need to be replaced or is it a simple fix

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

UN66EH6000 model UN65EH6000F 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It's a black screen nothing is visible cable box is working

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started about 10 days ago on it'own

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/21/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

While the TV does not need to be replaced for this issue- it is also not a simple fix. It requires replacement of a board inside of the TV- more specifically the "Mainboard" needs to be replaced. It causes the TV to turn itself off and on, and eventually when it fails leaves the set unable to be turned on. That said, if you have this board replaced at a shop, you're generally looking at between $250-$300 parts and labor and can locate a shop using the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Alternatively if this is something you're looking to repair yourself, let me know as the Mainboard is "plug and play"- meaning no soldering is needed to replace it. The rear of the TV does need to be removed however. Let me know and I will search for a link where you can buy that board.

Please read my replies for the answer to your question.

The part needed to fix your TV can be purchased at the link below for $50. If you're a DIY type you can have your TV repaired for $50 plus a half hour of your own labor which is much less money than having a shop repair this and even MORE so than replacing the TV:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/products/samsung-un65eh6000f-main-board-bn96-28963a-bn97-07933a-bn41-01778c-1.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwnsPGBRDo4c6RqK-Oqu8BEiQAwNviCWgpFyHnWwxbVjxA2SwAA4tYUe9VxmpMEYzFzDla09kaAo7Z8P8HAQ

That board is the offending component (this is a failure we've encountered hundreds of times with Samsung sets on this site), and there are no pushbutton fixes, resets, settings, etc. for this. So this does answer your question as to whether the set can be fixed or not- as well as a couple of options with regards ***** ***** Keep in mind a TV repairman would have charged you $75 to make a trip over and tell you what I just did and would NOT have shared info for you to repair the set yourself.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS).

Aric, Technician