Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have LCDTV/DVD whose picture is way too big for the

I have LCDTV/DVD whose picture is way too big for the screen, How do I get smaller to fit the screen ?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Hold on
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It is LCDV24U mfg 2008. It is that way the minute it is turned on. It is set for input 3 Direct TV input.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The old Direct TV remote died and I installed a new one. All functions on the remote work correctly except it about 4 times too big for the screen. This is probably my fault partially because I was told to change the aspeck
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just I am totally lost now

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Just to clarify, over size picture appears only when watch Directv ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It turns on with Direct TV control only, the sharp control will not turn it on or off

OK, have you tried to press Format button on Directv remote a few times to see if it change picture size?
Also, have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
then type the instructions to me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
type me the instructions

I just posted the info, if still didn't get it let me post it again...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no change screen reads 1081 resolution & crop...screen format unaltered this is new

OK so both suggestions didn't work, correct?
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover of TV?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
LC-19DV24U

Thanks, ***** ***** it, give me 5 minutes please.

Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

It seems another expert has accepted your phone call offer and will assist you further.

Hi Sharon, it was pleasure speaking with you today, hopefully that will help, if not please let me know so I can offer other helpful solutions for this issue.

We will get it;-)

Tech Michael