Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Panasonic TC-P50U2 has 10 blink code even unplugging for

Panasonic TC-P50U2 has 10 blink code even unplugging for hours it remains the same
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: tc-p50u2 2010
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: nothing at all
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: watching tv and it just quit its plugged into a battery backup with surge protection
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty SS or SC or power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc), even being on a surge protector.
This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2010 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This tv is well past its service life at this point and plasma technology is now obsolete.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet
2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)
3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.
If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $400 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Nathan from info I obtained thru google it it probably the A or P board. Any way to find out which with out changing them out one by one?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the only problem. I have ever had with the set

Actually it is pretty unlikely to be the main or power board.

They are possibilities, but uncommon ones.

It is most likely the SS or SC board, then A, then P, in that order.

I realize this may be the only problem, but with tv electronics, this is how they fail, suddenly and catastrophically.

It can be fixed, but I would hesitate to invest much in it, these boards can be expensive and other parts will continue to fail based on the age. These tvs typically have a service life of about 5 years.