TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Antenna input at back of tv broken ( story) somebody told me

Customer Question
antenna input at back of...
antenna input at back of tv broken (long story) somebody told me set top box but cant get it to work.got yellow red green cable into one yellow but no work. havnt got hdmi cable. regards MILT
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
3/6/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Offhand the model number posted is not a valid LG TV model. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the set?

55LM6410

Thank you. On this set, when connecting Red,White and Yellow RCA's, you also need to use the Input button on the LG remote to select "Video", or "AV", have you tried that yet?

Are you still with me here? If so, what do you see on your screen when you try the above steps?

says no signal for current input device

Thanks for the reply. it's possible the mainboard in your TV incurred a failure when the coaxial port broke off (all of the Input jacks operate on a 5 volt line that the mainboard requires to function- and a broken port can cause that to fail). Just to be sure, please try rebooting the cable/SAT box, by shutting the TV off, then pulling the power cord from the back of the box for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Give it a minute to start booting and then turn on the TV. Let me know what happens.

tv did work for some weeks by holding antenna in place with tape

That isn't relevant however, since right now you're not receiving any Input and the Red,White and Yellow should be working. So, did you try the reboot as indicated above?

on tv screen not programmed

This means the Input is not set to the AV or Video Input. Have you confirmed the Input please?

AV shows up in red up the tv screen small screen says no signal

Do you have another device besides your cable box that you can connect as a TEST to confirm if the TV is indeed faulty (DVD player, etc.)?

no i havent but iget but iget netflix and iview etc ok
have i got it hooked up wrong. there is a whirring sound quite loud
says-no signal for current input device try others-no response
dont give up Aric we have to solve this mate regards MILT
Aric, Technician