TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Why isn't my tv picking up digital cable box during scan of…

Customer Question
Why isn't my tv...

Why isn't my tv picking up digital cable box during scan of initial set up

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

Sharp lcdtv gj221

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works. First time tenge to set up

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Asked if I wanted to scan cable and I said yes. But it only finds 2 analog channels and nothing else

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to get my tv to recognize calbe

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
2/3/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

How are you connecting the Digital cable box to the TV please- is it using an HDMI cable? If so, which HDMI port in the TV is it plugged into?

Please view my reply and post back to proceed.

Louie, Technician