TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I hit the power button on the remote. The red light turns

Customer Question
I hit the power button...
I hit the power button on the remote. The red light turns blue but the tv doesn't turn on. I then have to unplug from outlet and plug back in for the light to turn back to red and try again. Sometimes I have to do this a couple of times before the tv comes on. It's an RCA model #39LB45RQ
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: once the tv turns on it works perfect. no other problems with it.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Started just before Christmas. It would happen maybe once a week. Now it's everyday. Nothing happened right before this popped up that I noticed.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
2/3/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am the real life technician assigned to help you and I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009, which supports my livelihood. Every moment that I am helping you is on the honor system, until you submit a positive 3-5 star rating when I provide your answer.

I am reviewing your question now. Please reply asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

How long have you had the Tv?

Any parts or service done?

I've had the tv 4-5 years and have not had any previous problems with it

Thanks

I'm really sorry to deliver the bad news.... unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service.

As a technician, theoretically I could help you with that but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then I would actually NOT recommend you repair a tv of this size/age due to the high cost of parts/labor and the low prices of new Tv's.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but keep in mind you saved a lot of money by coming here first- typically repair shops charge $99 up front just for diagnosis (to hand you an estimate).

Despite the bad news, I hope you appreciate the answer that I provided so far. If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option.

Please submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are not sure about giving me 5 stars, please tell me how I can possibly change that!

Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician