Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a panasonic TC-P50X5 TV and ever since we've had it

Customer Question

i have a panasonic TC-P50X5 TV and ever since we've had it it does this strange thing where if the TV is powered on and there's a power surge the TV obviously goes off during the surge but is then unable to be turned back on for several days. at the beginning of this problem it would only stay off for a day or two but at this point when it happens it stays off for about a week. this time the issue occurred when no power surge happened, i was just watching tv and all of a sudden it turned off and this time the tv power LED light was blinking red, whereas during the prior instances the LED light wouldn't come on at all. i looked in the user's manual for this tv and it says that the tv may have gone into shutdown mode to protect itself if it has that blinking light. it suggests unplugging it for a few minutes then plugging back in but so far that hasn't worked. i've done a search and found that many other people have had this same or similar problems with the same model tv but so far i've been able to turn up no definite solutions to the problem, consensus seems to be that it's a manufacturer defect. is there any way you can help me with this?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it was manufactured April 2012 and the exact model is TC-P50X5
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the tv will not turn on at all currently
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: well this issue literally just happened, but the other issue i mentioned has been going on for almost as long as we've had the tv which has been several years
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ...also right before the issue happened the tv was functioning normally and just playing content from our cable box
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just to add... if my card is charged for an outrageous amount for a simple online chat about my TV then we can stop now and I'll dispute the charge. i understand this wouldn't be your fault or your decision but i just wanted to state this up front.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Please contact customer service at give link/ number for any billing issue and come back once satisfied to troubleshoot the TV problem.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
USA:(###) ###-####br />United Kingdom - 0***-***-****
Ireland - 1800-760-906

Thanks.