TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Samsung HL67A750A1F tv is stuck in the antenna input

(source). The TV will not...
My Samsung HL67A750A1F tv is stuck in the antenna input (source). The TV will not respond to the side buttons or to the remote. In other words I can not switch to the HDMI source with either the side buttons or the remote. The remote will turn the set on and off- but the set does not respond as quickly as I recall from the past. The center power on/off switch (on the set) is lit blue but will Not respond (turn the set on/off). The center led (one of three) on the front of the set blinks when pressing buttons on the remote.
1/16/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I am the technician assigned to help you and I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009, which supports my livelihood. Every moment that I am helping you is on the honor system, until you submit a positive 3-5 star rating when I provide your answer.

Please reply asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

-So the tv comes on and has picture? What is on the screen?

-Besides pressing some buttons, what else have you tried? anything with the tv wires?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
TV worked fine- then became locked in the TV input

What is currently on the tv screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just static as I don't use the antenna input.

Besides pressing some buttons, what else have you tried? anything with the tv wires?

Not sure why you cannot reply.... Please try this:

-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord, turn on, check for normal operation.

If that does not work then I'm sorry to say, there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. Starting by replacing the Main board.

As an experienced technician, theoretically I could help you with the repairs but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code.

Despite the bad news, I hope you appreciate the answer that I provided so far. If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option.

Please submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are not sure about giving me 5 stars, please tell me how I can possibly change that!

Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Reset does not help. Is there a source for a new board? I see only used boards on ebay.

I will have to check on that.

While your waiting please take a look at the ratings at the top of this page and submit 3-5 stars so that recognized for helping with your question so far.

Be right back....

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

There are two versions of main boards for this model tv. You need to open up the tv and get the numbers off your board then get a matching replacement. If you get the wrong version, it won't work. It will be some variation of one of these:

https://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=HL67A750A1F+main

I did find this, so far:

http://store.tv-repair-service-salinas.com/bp94-02326a.html

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician