TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

LN55B650T1FXZA Samsung, No Yes, Last night and I was just

Hi Tim JA: What's the model...
Hi Tim
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Hi Pearl LN55B650T1FXZA Samsung
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last night and I was just powering it on. The red light at the bottom right of the screen just flickers on and off and I have to unplug the power cord to turn the set off. The screen is snow and the volume will raise and lower on it own. Also the the input screen on the top left will automatically change for air to HDMI1 to HDMI2 to etc. without ever stopping on one particular input.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
1/11/2017
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Offhand, these symptoms point directly to a failure in the set's "Mainboard" (which contains the processor that controls volume, the turn on command, and the Inputs). Additionally this is the ONLY part in the TV that would cause you to have to unplug the set to turn it off. These are all telltale signs of a mainboard failure and we've repaired 100's of this model for this fault. That said, there are no pushbutton fixes for this and the Mainboard does need to be replaced to fix the issue. Are you looking to repair this set yourself and replace the Mainboard?

If so, that part number is: Samsung BN94-03145E and the board is showing as out of stock through about every vendor out there (which are all selling pulled parts as the board has not been produced in several years). If you wanted to fix the TV, you would need to search using that part number above to find a replacement Mainboard and then swap the board out. It's a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it, however it does require removing the back of the set to access it.

Replace the main board. Which one is it? The board that the power supply plugs into or the board that the cable line plugs into?

The Mainboard is the one with all of the AV and HDMI jacks on it.

Not sure if you read my last reply, but finding that board is going to be the toughest hurdle in repairing this set, as it has not been made in several years, and used/pulled parts are all but used up. However that is the part that needs replacement to fix the issue you're having. You can try using that part number to search eBay, or Google it and see if anyone pops up with a used/pulled board for sale.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

That's not the number on that board in the set. The number on the board in the set is BN41-01149A.

Samsung and others use different boards within the same model. All I can do is search using your model number. Since you have the actual TV there- if your mainboard part number is ***** then you would use that as your search criteria.

Ok Thanks
I saw originally on Just Answer that it could be the capacitors on the power board. Could that be the problem I didn't see any of them bubbled on top.

No, the capacitors have nothing to do with the symptoms you have. They will only cause a TV to not power up. Just Answer has lots of independent technicians, we are not a think tank of experts. The capacitors causing this problem is not the correct answer. Replace your Mainboard to fix this issue.

Ok thanks

You're welcome. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician