Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sony kdl 70w850b TV, 2 YRS OLD IS IT COMPATIBLE

Customer Question

I have a Sony kdl 70w850b TV
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2 YRS OLD IS IT COMPATIBLE WITH A KEYBOARD,
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I HAVE TRIED STANDARD USB KEYBOARD & GAMES KEYBOARD
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO EVERYTHING I READ ON THE COMPUTER ARE HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

That model Sony does not support a BlueTooth keyboard (per Sony), and only a BlueTooth Mouse- or the "TV SideView" APP can be used to control the TV. The SideView app works on any Apple or Android device and can be downloaded at the link below:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37571/p/61659%2C62766%2C74133/c/65%2C66/kw/tv%20sideview

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.