TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung 65' led tv and I can hear sound but nothing

Hi I have a Samsung...
Hi I have a Samsung 65' led tv and I can hear sound but nothing is on the screan
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes and it's about 4 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no tv menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I wasn't here when it happened
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I purchased a t-con board from china because it was only 41.00
1/11/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Sorry for any delay you may have experienced the site is upgrading, can you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?

Anthony

un60eh6050fxza

OK thanks the back-lights are likely to be out however please observe the screen in a darkened room, can you see ANY visible feint light at all on the display or does it stay completely black?

I can see lights behind the tv. I purchased a T-con board from China not the same part # but one that's compatible with it I installed it but still no picture.

No its the screen I am interested in for light not the back of the set, so for speed I am assuming you can't see any visible light at all on the display, OK have you got a flashlight?again in a dark room shine the light at a 45 degree angle at the display screen, press the menu button can you see the section of menu where the light hits the screen?

I did the flashlight test and no I can't see the menu on screen

Yes I was hoping you would see a section of the menu where the light hits the screen, as there is no visible light on the screen in a darkened room I believe the back-lights are out on the set, controlled by the power-board its this board you need to replace, as you replaced the t-con you will have no problem replacing the power-board, trace the power-cord to find it, once you get it out find the part-number on the board (there are different part-numbers for different boards in the same model set) it will begin BN an probably etched on the board, with this number go to www.shopjimmy.com cost will be around $100.

If you need more help let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

I'm sorry for the delay, I replaced the power board and still nothing I also purchased a main control board when I bought the power board ?

OK we do need to clarify if there is any light at all on the display

So please take the set to a dark room and switch on is there any feint light at all on the display screen or is it completely black and you are sure about this check

Anthony

I did do that and when I turn it on yes there is a feint light on screen

The only thing that can cause this (no back-light issues the back-lights are lit) is the t-con OR the LCD panel bad itself the thing is you MUST fit the correct part-number t-con as its possible that one will not work, after that you are left with the panel bad and that is not an option to replace, panel failure I am afraid is very common in many different ways.

I am sorry for what may be dismal news here

Let me know if you need more help

Please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Should I buy the correct T-con board ? and the power control board I bought from (shop jimmy.com) is not the exact one they sent me one according to there techs that would work with my tv should I send that one back ? Because they were out of stock on the original one.

Put the original power-board back its OK because you have back-lights.

Its either the wrong t-con board OR a bad LCD panel as I say there is no way to eliminate one from the other, but you should swap the board you got for the exact t-con NO compatibles, frequently they do not work despite what the supplier says.

Please remember the rating thank you, ***** ***** remains open

Do you need more help please??

what's the LCD panel ?

The LCD panel is the display screen, the complete display screen you look at, the screen comes out it houses the back-lighting the LCD display itself and the electronics inside the display\address lines etc

Ok so that could be the problem ? because I wasn't home when it happened and I have 2 teenaged kids is it possible that an object could've hit the screen ? reason I ask cause they may not be telling me the truth.

Can you please rate me 3 to 5 stars for info supplied so far thanks rating bar of stars is top of the page thanks again, I will then receive credit from the site thank you

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician