TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My house was struck by lightning and many of our electrical

appliances including spa garage doors...
My house was struck by lightning and many of our electrical appliances including spa garage doors and air conditioning were affected or burnt out. So was our new Samsung TV. Can you tell me is this able to be fixed and if so where do I take it? I live in Greenslopes Brisbane , Queensland Australia.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes. It is about 1 year old and hardly used.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No. Nothing works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The house was struck by lightning
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
1/11/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you tell me the model number of the tv, or at least the approximate screen size?

Approx 90cmx 52cm
I don't want to pay $37 to say it probably can not be fixed. The insurance company wants to know if it can be or should it be replaced. The apple box that was plugged into the to was burnt out.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session, this is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

Thanks,
While it may be possible to repair, it is not worth the investment, especially for a set this size.
With surge damage there are typically multiple boards that are fried, you'd be looking at a cost of about $300 for just a singe board, and the cost will go up for every additional part that is damaged. Based on the severity and impact to other items too, it is even possible the lcd screen was damaged which is not possible to fix.

The tv should be replaced. It will cost less to buy a new tv than to repair.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Thank you Nathan.

You're very welcome! Good luck getting everything sorted.

Nathan, Installer