TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Samsonsamsung picture gone though I still have voice,

Samsonsamsung picture gone though I...
Samsonsamsung picture gone though I still have voice
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: picture on TV gone tho I still get voice
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no picture whatsoever thus no menu. no source. when TV is first time\\
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: when TV first turned on the picture flashes on instantly and flashed off just as quickly
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: cant think of anything. Yes. I have TV on for hours each day. Des that have anything to do with losing picture?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/11/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I am the technician assigned to help you and I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009, which supports my livelihood. Every moment that I am helping you is on the honor system, until you submit a positive 3-5 star rating when I provide your answer.

I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. Now that you are talking to a real technician, please reply asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

What is the model number printed on the back of the tv?

How long have you had the tv?

7 yrs. Don't charge me for membership. I do not want. Model No.: P2570HD

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was not sent by me, and I am not available by phone. In the mean time we can continue our chat...

I will try again later. Again DO NOT Charge me for unanswered reply and no phone call.

After the picture goes out, does the screen have a very slight glow to it? might only be seen in a dark room

What have you tried so far? anything with the cords?

Not sure why you cannot reply.....

I'm sorry to tell you that this symptom usually means there is an internal failure that will require parts and service, just to be sure please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that doesn't help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service.

As a technician, theoretically I could help you with that but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then I would not recommend you repair a tv of this size/age due to the high cost of parts/labor and the low prices of tv's. But at least you saved a lot of money by coming here first- typically repair shops charge $99 up front just for diagnosis (to hand you an estimate).

Despite the bad news, I hope you appreciate the answer that I provided so far. If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option.

Please submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are not sure about giving me 5 stars, please tell me how I can possibly change that!

Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

what rating?
cant communicate longer

STARS at the top of the page. Try refreshing the page or simply state in your reply that you appreciate the service and want to give me 5 stars.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician
Phone call session started
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician