Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Problem With 50' Sharp Lc=c5277un

Problem With 50' Sharp Lc=c5277un

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today

What seems to be the problem with the sharp ?

I`m sorry but something just came up and I will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks

Can you tell me a bit more about the issue you're having with the tv?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the tv will go off after a few min. it turn back on and you have on/opc flashing fastt hree times over and over.

Thanks for confirming.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2009 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This tv is significantly past its service life at this point (about double what we expect of them).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $400 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.