Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Our Samsung series 5 5000 won't turn on. Is there a manual

Customer Question

our Samsung series 5 5000 won't turn on. Is there a manual on/off button?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Where do I find make and model. I know it's Samsung, and the user manual says LED TV Series 5, 5000
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV won't turn on at all. We've talked to our cable provider and things seem to be alright on their end.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The TV has been harder to turn on and off in recent days, but had no picture at all today.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Please note that I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me and without my knowledge
By the way , Pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions .

Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s full model number written on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
UN48C5000QFXZA
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Thanks and by the way if you don`t see any buttons on the tv then look at the rear lower left (or right) side usually for a single button that is used as power and other functions , it is a small joystick that you press once to turn the tv on and press and hold to turn the tv off

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold that power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Something not working with this model number , could it be UN48J5000...... instead of UN48C5000

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, it's a C.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Something wrong here the UN48C5000 does not exist anywhere and even on the Samsung parts website

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Must be UN46 ...... then , not 48

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
46, and U found the on/off button, but the set won't turn on.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Is the light blinking at the front ?

Did you try the reset I suggested ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

When you press that button on the tv , does the light blink at the front ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the tv just came on. Don't know why, but won't question it! Thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.
Thank you