Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have no picture. Sound is ok but no picture. I have

Customer Question

I have no picture. Sound is ok but no picture. I have unplugged everything, unplugged and rebooted cable box also
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: UHD TV. 6700. Curved screen
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes menu works. No problem on other sources - just cable.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: On and off since we got it in August. Watching tv and turned off. Then it started
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I move the menu setting to the TV part, it is a fuzzy/snowy picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Is there any cable box connected to TV and do you cable remote to change the channels?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, since TV shows picture of other video sources that confirms the TV is just fine and problem is either HDMI cable of cable box isn't plugged securely in cable box or TV OR the cable box has got internal failure and causing no video signal output.
Please replug the HDMI cable/ or try another HDMI cable from cable box to TV and plug it in different HDMI input, if any one is free. If problem persist then please call your cable company and ask them to replace the cable box.
Your TV is just fine. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why am I not able to auto program my cable with the tv? Says my service provider doesn't exist
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Cable service that needs a cable box basically sends encrypted signals to cable box that converts it into video and audio signals that goes to TV trough HDMI or Component video or AV input etc.

The coaxial cable that plugged into cable box can't be hooked directly into TV because TV tuner can't process that encrypted signals.