Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have just read your reply to a similar problem to the one

Customer Question

Hi Jack. I have just read your reply to a similar problem to the one I have.
My Pioneer Plasma PNP-505PG turns itself off. Sometimes after a couple of minutes and sometimes after an hour or two. The sound stays on but picture goes off. The remote or the TV standby button will not turn it back on. If I press the volume down button it turns back on and repeats the problem. If I press this volume button immediately after it switches off it comes back on - maybe indicating that it is not a heat issue.
I would greatly appreciate any advise.
Thank you in advance. John Mc
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Jack is not available hopefully I can help you, when the set goes black if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This problem is that the tv turns itself off. From being on and watching - The tv randomly turns off. The green light clicks off and the red standby light clicks on.
The menu button on the remote has no effect after the tv turns off because the tv is off.
After a random amount of time the tv makes a clicking sound and the red standby light goes off and the green light comes on and the picture comes on. When it turns itself off I can turn it back on by pressing the volume down tv button.
This on and off keeps occurring at random times but does seem to become more frequent after some time.

That is a good explanation because that explanation tells me the set is NOT registering a fault otherwise the power-light will blink red or blue indicating a fault code the set is simply dropping to standby and appears at this point to be commanded to now the first thing you should do for this is eliminate the remote control itself, you do that by taking the batteries OUT of the remote so the remote is killed and monitor the set again let me know if it still behaves the same way.

What can happen is the remote can transmit spuriously on its own without you touching it

Let me know before we move on

Anthony