Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am trying to connect with Amazon prime videos and cannot

Customer Question

I am trying to connect with Amazon prime videos and cannot find where I can enter the code from Amazon.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: It will take a minute, I will get that information.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: LG 37LC2D 2006. I have not been able to find any area that will let me enter the code. I have gone into internet settings without success. I cannot find a section which lists apps or how to install them. Yes the menu works.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has not been an issue, this is the first time I have tried to install the prime video.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is my only problem. Thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Your TV is a 2006 model, which was built well before Smart TV's were available, or APPS were even offered. So that said, this TV has no internet or app capability without additional equipment. In order to get APPS (such as Amazon Prime), you would need an external device that supports apps, such as the Amazon Firestick, which can be purchased at Best Buy for around $40 (at the link below):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote-black/5477500.p?skuId=5477500

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.