Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have 46 in insignia the audio is for the deaf I donotgo

Customer Question

i have 46 in insignia the audio is for the deaf I donotgo know how to back to the way it as I can hear and see can you help me fix it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 3years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I do not know I turn it own there it way this startd about two week ago I am sorry I am slow I am 84 years old
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
A few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Is this tv connected to a cable converter box

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Go in your cable box menu/settings and usually under SETUP and/or AUDIO SETUP you will see something that says DESCRIPTIVE VIDEO SERVICE , that is what you need to turn off , the tv has no control over that ,its the cable box that controls that option.

If that answers your question please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.