TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I lost my remote and I've been using the cable tv remote.

Customer Question
HI I lost my remote...
HI I lost my remote and I've been using the cable tv remote. But I accidentally hit the wrong button on the back of the TV and I've lost the signal. I don't know how to get the TV to go back to synch with the cable?
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: i have to check but I have to go to work now. I'll have to do this another time. I didn't realize how late i is. I have to go. I'm sorry. I'll try back on Monday.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Hello are you available?
JA: No. I'm the TV Technician's Assistant.
Customer: Lol too funny
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the TV menu does work I think? I don't know which buttons to push on the TV to make the correct selection
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have no remote so i have to adjust the volume by hand on the TV itself. I reached to the side of the TV to adjust the volume and hit the wrong button. Now I'm getting an error message that says no signal press input on your remote. But I have no remote.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are they rich and available?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
1/8/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Look on the back/side of the tv for a button labeled as INPUT or SOURCE.

You'll press that, repeatedly, until you get back to the proper input mode and get your signal back (usually hdmi1 or hdmi2, but you may have to check them all).

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Thank you that worked!! You're a genius!

Great glad that did it for you!

Nathan, Installer