Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I installed new Fire TV; then my LG TV said there was no

Customer Question

I installed new Fire TV; then my LG TV said there was no signal. Went thru the usual. Online, I read people have trouble with LGs and talk about removing the main board and "baking" it in elec oven to melt some cracks in solder and this is supposed to fix it. Are there problems like this with LG TVs?
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Unplugged it but not for few hours. Is this common?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing works on that TV. Worked before, loved it. My new LG is a 4K but this one is not. Was working fine before. No problems on anything else
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Things were fine. Had Firestick in; it; worked great, so I upgraded to Fire TV
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if this is a problem with LG TVs; that the main "board" if you will, the solder can develop a hairline crack and TV won't work. Check this out line and you'll see what I'm talking about
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or the Mainboard (possibly) having failed.

Unplug the power cord from the back of the Fire TV box.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Fire box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

If you still have no luck, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?