Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

It. acts like it is coming on showing the V then it shutt,

Customer Question

It. acts like it is coming on showing the V then it shutt
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: almost a yr old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: All sources/inputs the menu doesn't come on or work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: five days
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: One of his remotes. got in some of the kids Christmas packages and for a few days he had to manually turn it on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am the technician assigned to help you and I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people like you on this site since 2009, and in return I get paid for my efforts which supports my livelihood. All the time I am helping you is on the honor system until you submit a positive 3-5 star rating when I provide your answer.

I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. Now that you are talking to a real technician, please reply asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

Can you be more specific about the age of the tv? Is the tv less than 1 year old?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Not sure why you cannot reply.... Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not work then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. If you have a warranty or extended warranty it's time to contact them to obtain service.

Otherwise, as an experienced technician, theoretically I could help you with the repairs but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Great 4 star rating.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please help my father get his TV back on! He is a widow and he really would appreciate your help.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Did you want to take apart the tv, do testing with a meter, then order replacement parts? If so, you will need previous experience with a meter.

Otherwise I can help you find a local repair shop if you give me your zip code.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay do you know how long it will be?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

How long what will be?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We are at my Father's now. Please help
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

You have 2 choices:

1. Take the back off the tv, then use a meter to test the voltage, and then order parts (experience needed).

or

2. Call a repair shop.

Let me know which - number 1 or number 2.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
74525 still waiting.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Now that you have provided your zip code, I will look up some local repair shops for you. please stand by.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

I provided your local repair shops. Please acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of the page.