Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My tv is fine. I recently switched to ATT Direct TV and want

Customer Question

Hi there, My tv is fine. I recently switched to ATT Direct TV and want to play one of my own dvds. I have turned on the DVD but have not been successful getting it to play.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: no problems...where do I find info about the make and model?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu on Direct TV remote does work but I cannot seem to do anything with the Samsung remote.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not an issue...have not attempted to play a dvd in ages. Nothing happened...I turned the tv on, turned power on for dvd and loaded dvd ...the title is showing on the screen
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back cover of TV and DVD player in question?

- What input of TV is hooked to DVD player and what type of wire/ cable have used for it?