Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am wanting to download google earth on our Samsung smart

Customer Question

Hi I am wanting to download google earth on our Samsung smart UHD TV , please advise thank you
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Just one moment please
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes but we're not sure what to do we are on the to internet with google at the moment
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Samsung model UA55HU7200WXXY SN(###) ###-####
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Bits about 3 years old
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately, what you are wanting to do is simply not possible.

The tv does not support additional applications directly.
This is a limitation of the tv itself.
The browser function on these smart tvs is extremely limited in capability,it is not a full browser, and the tv isn't a computer.
The built in browser is designed for basic, primarily text based, websites only.
The tv doesn't have flash, and can't run other plugins or extensions
so it can't handle most media based sites.
You'll find this to be the case with most all smart tvs. Because their processing and memory power is limited, and they run on a specially designed firmware (operating system), they just don't have the ability to run anything a computer or other device could. They can only handle the specially designed built in apps that come pre loaded or are available to add direct from the TV manufacturers "app store".
The only real way around that is if the site/service you're wanting to use has a dedicated app offered by the manufacturer for this tv,
like youtube for example. You can't go to youtube in the browser, but you can use the youtube app
Now there are alternatives,
by hooking up external devices for streaming media
like a a roku or fire tv (they have apps similar to google earth, but not it exactly) and get all the same functions and many more, as well as the ability to pull up the content on your phone/tablet/computer, and display it on the tv through that device
Your tv may also have a "mira" function that will allow you to stream content directly from certain compatible pcs and android devices in a similar manner.
Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.