TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have the model NS-LTDVD26-09, having problem with audio,,

Customer Question
hello, i have the model...
hello, i have the model NS-LTDVD26-09
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: having problem with audio,, i don't have the remote so i use the side buttons to go to the settings. I go to "sound" down to "audio only" which now says "off",, when i move it to "on" the screen goes black? and the setting doesn't change. I've disconnected my computer from the vga to vga on my iMac to use as a second monitor... yesterday it worked fine with connection to iMac, to day no sound from tv??? thanks
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv menu works, i have changes other settings and all seems to work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: few days ago it started,, when i disconnected my iMac...
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
1/6/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

So the problem is that you're not getting sound from the computer?
What specific cords/connections do you have in place currently from the mac to the tv?

no,, no sound from the tv

Yes I meant you are not getting the computer sound through the tv.

vga converter from iMac )small connection in iMac? to larger vga,,, vga into back of tv
plus,, hdmi from tv to cable box

Are you getting sound when on the cable input?

no hdmi from tv to cable box,,,, tv setting on tv,, no sound

You'd need the tv set to hdmi1, hdmi2, etc, wherever that box is plugged in at.

all connections are proper
speaker on computer works
on its own,, sound from app from iMac

Okay that is a tv issue then,

the setting you mentioned earlier for audio only is to shut off the tv screen and use just the speakers. That wouldn't apply here.

I do have a concern about the vga, because that is video only and would not be able to give you sound in the first place.

But if no sound from the cable box over hdmi either, that is a tv issue, either faulty amplifier or control board.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

Let me know the results.

Louie, Technician