Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I keep getting a "check tel line" and have tried changing

Customer Question

I keep getting a "check tel line " and have tried changing line and putting the usb in another port and I cant get my phone to work
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? Have you had problems with the USB port in the past?
Customer: _No we have it in our wifi
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1 yes 2 no 3 magic jack 4 no 5 KX-TGD222N Panasonic
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Okay the MJ is the most likely problem here, either a faulty MJ adapter/device, or an account or connection issue.

Initially please disconnect power to your MJ box for a few minutes to reboot it, reconnect then test the line again.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
doing it now
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
plugging in now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
still saying "check tel line"
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for checking,

do you have access to any other phone, just a basic corded phone or a fax that you can plug into the MJ to test with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no, I do not want to pay for that
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session, this is optional and may be ignored if you wish. That is not sent by me.

Please answer my earlier question.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, no I do not have another phone
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Do you have any other phone line/service available, such as a normal landline?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

That makes it difficult to properly diagnose and isolate this issue any further.
can you call your MJ number from an external line (cell, neighbors, etc) and see if it rings, or if it goes directly to voicemail?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It went right to voice mail
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Thanks that does help,

that happens because your MJ is offline. There is nothing wrong with your panasonic phones.

If the reboot didn't help, and neither does USB, that confirms a hardware failure. Your MJ box is defective, and will need to be replaced.

You can try to contact MJ, but their support is notoriously poor or nonexistent, and ultimately they would just tell you to buy a new one anyway.

You can get one here: http://amzn.to/2iQOAQO

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks for all the help have a good day
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

You're very welcome.