TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a SHarp Aquos LC-70UQ17U. Its getting power but no

Customer Question
image. No image when pressing...
I have a SHarp Aquos LC-70UQ17U. Its getting power but no image. No image when pressing menu button from remote or side panel. The white LED light in front blinks 3 times consecutively, pause then blinks and repeats. I've disconnected all hdmi inputs. Still no image when powered on. Any thoughts?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1 YR AND A HALF
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it just ocurred.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
1/6/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Please note that I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me and without my knowledge
By the way , Pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions .
Can you please send me a reply when ready ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm ready

Hello

About that blink code , you are saying it blinks 3 times then once and starts again ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im ready

Yes , can you see my question above ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can see your question

O.k so that would be a code 31 , give me a minute please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure

O.k then according to the manual this is a main CPU communication failure , in english it means the main board .

Give me a minute and i`ll have something for you to try

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay

Unplug the power cord 30 secs then press and hold volume down and input at the same time directly on the tv while you plug in the power cord .

Tell me if the screen lights up with a letter K in the corner

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not on the same floor as the display. give me 5 minutes to go get there.

No problem , take your time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No letter K

O.k then i`m afraid this would mean a main board part #DKEYMG382FM01

If you are into this i will find it for you but first you would need to verify directly on that board that the sticker says G382FM01

There may be other versions although i cannot see others at this time .

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $350 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. I believe this is confirmation the board is history. We may get a replacement display

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sure will.Thanks again for your help.

Thank you

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician