Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Sorry for the delay, but I have a brand new 80 inch tv

Customer Question

Sorry for the delay, but I have a brand new 80 inch tv screen that need repaired
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: or shall i say replaced
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the screen is cracked
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: its a new tv, never been turned on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: model,,, one min
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you`re ready ?
Please note that I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me and without my knowledge
By the way ,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sharp tv; broken screen
LC 80LE661U
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

How did this crack happen , was it dropped ,screen was flexed ,fell on its face etc. or you received it that way ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

You know that this would not be under warranty do you ?

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

If you received the tv that way and it was delivered say by the store or a shipping company then you could claim it there but sharp will not warranty for physical damages

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .