Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

It is a 6300 and was working just fine I powered of normally

Customer Question

it is a 6300 and was working just fine I powered of normally and when I tried to power it on a couple of hours later the power light just flashes and no picture or sound
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: it is abut 5 or six years old. the manual says series 6 6300. is that what you need?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no I can get any visuals on the screen it is just black. it is connected to a TiVo mini. I took the TiVo mini and swapped it with another one and this mini worked fine with another tv and the tv still would not work with the other mini. so it's not a signal issue
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: been a issue since last night. right before this happened I had ben watching it and powered it off normally
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Are you able to get the full model number off of the back of the set, or at least the rough diagonal screen size (for example: 22"- 65", etc.)?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay just a second
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Alright, no problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
un40f6300afxza
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is that what you needed ?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. These symptoms generally point to a hardware fault in the set, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no luck. the power light kept blinking after the tv was unplugged. how can that be?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

That is because the TV's residual current is still draining from the set after it's unplugged (capacitors store voltages inside of the TV like mini batteries). The light should go out after a minute or so- if it doesn't, check and make sure you unplugged the TV and not something else in the same outlet.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I definitely unplugged the tv.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Okay then after you unplug it hold that power button till the light stops blinking.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
still nothing I it's just a goner
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. If the issue goes beyond that - then this does indicate a hardware fault in the set, with the power board or Mainboard that requires repairs. There are no settings/adjustments that will cause the TV to shut itself down. The only other attempt at a quick fix, is to leave the set unplugged for several hours in the hopes that it resets. The average cost for this repair is in the $200-$250 range (depending on which board has failed) and if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I guess not. Thank You.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

You're welcome. Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?