Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a LG TV and several Apple products that I want to

Customer Question

I have a LG TV and several Apple products that I want to hook up to my wifi. I know the TV will not handle the highest level of security offered on most wifi system and required for my apple products. Will the Apple router provide a channel with a lower level of security and will the apple router be OK with my Envy 23 desk top. The Best Buy yahoos sold me a net gear R6400 router that they now tell me is not really compatible with Apple. I need to fix the problem. Thanks
JA: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?
Customer: About a dozen times
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I just bought the router two days ago, the same day as my iMac Pro
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Should I quit wasting time trying to get this model R6400 router to work wiht my Apple products and just buy the Apple router?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Where would you be planning to place the router?