Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My smart tv used to connect to the internet, but now I can't

Customer Question

My smart tv used to connect to the internet, but now I can't get it to connect. Have tried numerous times over several months but can't get it to configure
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Do you have suggestions, or is there a way to return it to factory settings to see if that will cause it to pick up the network?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: model E390iA1 I have gone into menu: networks: wps and followed the instructions but it won't connect, I have clicked on my network when it appears and typed in the passwork, I have tried the manual setup but could not locate my subnet mask so I could not complete this.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu does work. None of the sources/inputs would connect using WPS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It stopped working a few months ago--I do not know of any events leading up to this. It is a secondary tv, so not used all the time. When I discovered the problem, I put off dealing with it due to lack of time.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I changed routers a few months ago, but the tv would connect to the internet after that, so I don't think that is the problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset it, replug back in, run network setup to establish wifi connection with router.

Does it work now?