Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Panasonic TV model # 40PFL4707/F7. Moved TV to another room

Customer Question

Good day. Panasonic TV model # 40PFL4707/F7. Moved TV to another room and when I plugged it in there is NO power on TV. Won't turn on. Tested the wall outlet and it's working. TV was manufactured November 2012. Please help. It was working perfectly fine until I unplugged it. I have tried unplugging the TV from power source for ten minutes and tried to restart but still no power. Is there a re-start button because I don't see one.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Start My Free Trial
7-Day FREE Trial
05 January 2017 09:41
Good day. Panasonic TV model #...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where's your reply with troubleshooting guidelines
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Not that fast

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Most TV's have the power cord plugged at the back of the tv as well , pull out the cord and back in securely , it is the most likely cause at this point , the cord got loose when you moved the tv

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have checked power cord connection at back of the TV to make sure it is attached securely.
Still no power
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Completely dead no light at the front no clicking from inside
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

In that case if the power cord is secure and there is power in that house plug it would mean something got jarred loose internally during the move .

Loose plug , broken connection , broken solder joint etc. on the power supply circuit .

The tv will need to be opened to investigate

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what is the approximate cost for this repair
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

From a repair shop you would be looking at a service call and this may be around $100 , there would be no parts required in this case

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

You use the stars at the top of the page to rate by the way