Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an AKAI 61 inch dlp tv it keeps shutting off on me.

Customer Question

I have an AKAI 61 inch dlp tv it keeps shutting off on me. Lamp goes out and then the sound goes off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

It's not possible to tell if these lamps are good by looking at them, as they're gas-charged and the gas is what keeps the lamp lit. That said, all of the lights flashing on the set indicates the Lamp is faulty and needs to be replaced per the manuals for this set. When was the last time the lamp was replaced?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

This Akai set is made by Samsung, and Samsung's manual directly states "All three lights flashing= Lamp Failure".

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

The lamps can appear PRISTINE and be faulty, as these are not standard light bulbs but analogous to florescent lights which use a ballast to ignite the internal gas (your Samsung/Akai has a ballast as well). You will need to replace the lamp to fix the issue. The OEM lamp for your set can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.myprojectorlamps.com/projector-lamps/Samsung/PT61DL34X%2FSMS.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA-rfDBRDeyOybg8jd2U4SJAAoE5Xq8KFhwn5sY6fSXRozlmSifcd-wvLcb3Wh7ZDdHOe8_hoC-CLw_wcB

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.