Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an old zenith 25 inch color tv. it has been working

Customer Question

i have an old zenith 25 inch color tv. it has been working great until the last few days! it comes on with a bright color picture and then fades to green with no flesh tones! then in a few minutes the color returns! is this a component in the chasis or the picture tube going out?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Zenith is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 15 years old....but had not been used by this elderly woman for several years. we have used it about 4 hours a day 5-7 days per week for the past 4-5 years!
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu? it changes channels! the sound works great with my dish remote and the picture is very clear!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing! this just happened a few days ago!
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Zenith TV . Who am I speaking with?