Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have 2 vertical bars on either side of my screen, how do I

Customer Question

I have 2 vertical gray bars on either side of my screen, how do I get them gone. My brother in law was here & changed everything to panoramic and now these bars are here.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Why would I want to minimize you, I would like an answer to my question.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It is an E480-B2 and it is about 18 months old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the menu works. It was panoramic everywhere- the guide and shows, but I did get the guide back to normal. Just the shows are showing in the middle of the screen with one of the grey bars to either side. Like it is showing on a smaller screen.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue since this afternoon when I tried to change it back with the menu, instead of just pressing the wide button at the bottom of the remote. I am afraid I may have changed something in the settings and didn't want to mess it up any more than it already is, so haven't done anything except take it off panoramic after speaking with my brother in law about an hour ago, when is when I got my guide back to normal.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

It seems smaller picture video signal is coming from cable box.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.