Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Please let me know if Sharp Aquos LC-46LE810UN is wireless?

Customer Question

Please let me know if Sharp Aquos LC-46LE810UN is wireless? Thank you.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model is LC-46LE810UN. Maybe it's 5 years old. Thank you
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I do. I have Netflix on this TV but I have to connect it router and I am unable to connect it to router. Any suggestion. Thank you.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have been trying to connect it for all day yesterday. We brought this TV from Houston and there I did not have Netflix.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK I am here waiting for your help. Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

The tv itself is a smart tv, though of limited capacity.

It requires a wired (ethernet) connection, it does not support wifi.

Even with that connection though, because it is such an old model, its software is out of date and most apps won't work anymore that it once had, and no future updates will be made available as it is no longer supported.

For all of these reasons, your best option would be to connect an external streaming device to the tv instead, such as a roku or fire tv

That will give you netflix, amazon, etc, and will connect to your wifi, have its own remote, and be much simpler and faster to use.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not want to call you because it will be expensive. I just want to know if my TV in reference is wireless or no. If it is wireless I will try to connect it to the router if not I will forget about Netflix. Can you understand? Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session, this is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

I sent you a detailed answer above.

The summary is that your tv is not wifi and you should buy a separate streaming device. An option like a ROKU (click for link) is about $40

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Note: Please scroll up to read the answer I sent previously to explain this.