TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My rca tv is stuck in this color changing mode when i turn

Customer Question
Hey my rca tv is...
Hey my rca tv is stuck in this color changing mode when i turn the tv on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Rca pld55a55rg
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I cant get anything but that when i turn it on its been happeint this week but after a couple of times turning it on and off its functions normaly
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: For about a week now and nothing i believe
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
1/2/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Sorry for the delay! A new design was put into place by the website that is blocking prompt replies to some customers. Regardless, I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009. My main goal is to add you to the growing list of satisfied customers.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am reviewing those details now and would like to hear from you asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

NOTE: If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone.

How long have you had the tv?

Yeah every time ive turned my tv on it changes colors
For about a a year now

Is the tv under warranty or extended warranty?

No

Oh sorry to hear that.... unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv parts and service. In this case replacing the Main board inside the tv.

As an experienced technician, theoretically I could help you with the repairs but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Can u tell me about how much that would cost me
94619 is my zip code

It was very smart of you to come here first- typically repair shops charge $99 up front just for diagnosis (to hand you an estimate). Then parts and labor can be another $200.

Got it the zip code. While your waiting please take a look at the ratings at the top of this page and submit 3-5 stars so that recognized for helping with your question. Be right back with the repair shops....

Your just close! Best option is:

Precision TV

(###) ###-####/p>

Did you get everything?

Do you still need assistance?

Ive got everything thanks for ur help

Great! All the best with the repairs.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician