Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot change channels on the TV. Already changed

Customer Question

I cannot change channels on the TV. Already changed batteries in the remote. It is from directv. Can't change channels with TV buttons on side of TV either. NTGEO is getting a little monotonous.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: It is a Vizio smart tv. It worked earlier today. then we couldn't turn it on. So I unplugged it; then turned it on manually.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing works. Another TV in the bedroom works fine. I've tried everything I know.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just today. TV was off. Then we couldn't turn it on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything. Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you're using DirecTv, then you don't change the channels on the TV itself anyhow- you change them using the DirecTv remote- which changes channels on the DTV BOX (not the TV).

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I will try that. thank you.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

You're welcome, and let me know what happens please. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.