Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I received an ilive sound bar as a gift and cannot get it to

Customer Question

I received an ilive sound bar as a gift and cannot get it to pair with my vizio tv?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: mocel E50u-D2 It is less than a year old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It is hooked up to a charter cable box. I am where it says download the vizio smartcast app. What do I do from here
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I hit the button under the power button on the remote. Looking to see what the button is
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is the link button
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

You can't get the iLive soundbar to "Pair" with your Vizio TV- as the TV doesn't use BlueTooth for external sound systems. You need a hard-wired "connection" from the soundbar to the TV. The TV uses "Digital Optical" (by means of an optical cable) for connection to external sound systems/speakers. iLive does not have this connection- it only has analog- so it requires a converter to use it with your TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The converter is available at Best Buy at the link below. You connect an optical cable from the TV to the converter, then can use the RCA red and white from converter to the iLive. Unfortunately with this soundbar that is the only way you'll get sound from the TV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/key-digital-hd-spider-series-analog-l-r-to-pcm-coaxial-digital-and-optical-digital-audio-converter/8303138.p?id=1219322458624&skuId=8303138&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=711e3d4c-e2ed-4d8f-a838-f8a895f326d7&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg106159&ksdevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAiAkajDBRCRq8Czmdj-yFgSJADikZggJMjndtaKVwNU8l1sPxX9z4ivGXWpa4HSOxeH-MEJ9hoCqIDw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Please read my reply for the answer to your question.