Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My Samsung TV's on light is dim it is neither fully on or

Customer Question

My Samsung TV's on light is dim it is neither fully on or off It has done this before and using the remote it will not com on. Can't find a manual on/ off button Model # LNT 3253 H
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: The TV is about 10 yrs old I have unplugged it but not for more that 15 minutes with no results
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have no screen at all it appears to be stuck between on and off
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I turned on the TV at 9 AMand when I saw that the show I wanted to watch was not on I turned it off with the Xfinity remote. A half hour later it would not come on at all.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything should I unplug it for an hour before I talk to the technician
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Either power-board or main-board is bad and will need to be replaced however before thinking of doing that you do need to consider the age of this very early LCD set, it may not be worth the input of money ($100+) to gte it working again, if you disagree i will help you with fixing this please note the costs involved though $100+

If you want to push on with it or need more info please let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I go about getting a bindable estimate ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do we proceed from here since I can't talk to the technician at this time ?

For a tech to do this work you will be paying over $250

Please give me time to check and reply please between conversations

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It sounds like I will buy a new TV instead of spending $ 350 on repairs

For the age of this set injecting money into it (in my opinion) is not economical considering for a few hundred dollars more you can get an much better set with a fresh warranty

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your help

Yes I think that is the best way to go with this one if however you did want to fix it I will help you its just the age of the set is against injection of money here

Your Welcome

Before you go please remember to rate me 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page (click submit) thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Understood .......... Good Bye

I don;t understand your abrupt end to the conversation I need to be rated so I can receive payment by the site for the info I have given you?if you have anything to add let me know

Anthony